2009-08-29

Cows

Last night we lit a fire in our outdoor firepit and cooked "hobo packs" for dinner.  (If you don't know, hobo packs are simple foil packets filled with veggies and some meat, then cooked by putting them into a fire.  This time we had--as we usually have--potatoes, carrots, onions and ground beef.)
photo

While we were eating Peyton said something about having a bite of pork.  Tracie and I told her that it was beef, not pork, because it came from a cow.
photo

It also just happens that we were using some beef that came from the family farm.  So we mentioned to her that the beef came from "the cows on Grandad's farm."  And then she was saying "I'm eating cow." and stuff like that.

Then Liam said "I want to eat some cow.  Mama, will you cut my cow?"
photo

It's kind of weird, but it was also really hilarious.  I'm glad that they didn't freak out and stop eating when they thought about it as a cow instead of as "beef."

This does not do justice to how funny it was.

1 comment:

  1. It really was incredibly hilarious. Mark shot me a look as if to say stop talking about the fact that it's cow, but the kids were fine with it. I mean, we've told them that bacon is from a pig and that we eat meat. The most hilarious part was that everytime Liam referred to his dinner, he called it cow.

    ReplyDelete