2010-02-16

Listening to Black and White

Through the magic of the "selected by random" feature in iTunes Smart playlists I was treated to Metallica's "Black Album" last night and the Beatles "White Album" today.

Not only that, but both albums came on at the right time to be included in my headphones-as-I-walk-across-campus-to-class trek. Both albums are actually quite good headphones listening experiences.

Tonight, as I sit eating dinner and blogging, I am wishing that Danger Mouse (who I think is truly talented) had made his Grey Album from these two instead of the Beatles and Jay Z. Seriously DM, I just didn't get the Grey Album.

Okay, maybe mixing the Beatles and Metallica wouldn't be so great. Beatallica manages to do it badly, but maybe Danger Mouse could have made it work. Too bad it wouldn't fit his genre. If Rick Rubin were more DJ than producer he could do it.

Dear Rick Rubin,
If you read this, please give me some credit for the idea in the liner notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment